The perfect product for any descaling job
durgol swiss espresso
Special descaler for all types of coffee machine
A versatile and fast descaling agent
durgol bathroom cleaner
A cleaner for the whole bathroom
durgol milk system cleaner
Milk system cleaner for all coffee machines and external milk frothers
durgol kitchen cleaner
A kitchen cleaner for your whole kitchen
durgol swiss steamer
Special descaler for steamers / steam cookers
A powerful descaler for sanitation and construction areas
durgol universal bio
Environmentally friendly rapid descaler
Can’t find what you want to descale?
Contact us and we’ll give you some personalized advice.
Three expert tips for coffee machine maintenance
- Descale your coffee machine every three months with durgol swiss espresso
- In between descaling sessions, clean the water tank with washing-up liquid to prevent bacteria from accumulating.
- Avoid household remedies, such as citric acid or vinegar, as they are less efficient and usually do not remove limescale completely.
durgol or household products? What is more effective?
durgol has clear advantages over household remedies like citric acid or vinegar, which are not recommended for a gentle and effective descaling of appliances. Compared with professional descalers like durgol, household remedies are less effective and usually do not get rid of limescale completely.
The perfect solution even for stubborn limescale
I use durgol swiss espresso exclusively to descale my coffee machine.
– Kurt K. –
The quality of my coffee and the cleanliness of my espresso machine are very important to me. With durgol swiss espresso, I can descale the machine easily and quickly. This is the only way I can have high quality coffee at all times.
– Emi Fukahori „Schweizer Barista Meisterin 2015“ –
I use only durgol universal bio to descale my boat – for the sake of our environment.
– Kurt K. –
Without durgol swiss espresso, my coffee would not be so enjoyable.
– Martina S. –
No more unsightly limescale deposits thanks to durgol forte! We are never using a different product again.
– Christian M. –
With durgol universal, I descale my household appliances in no time at all: the kettle, the taps, even the shower head. The product is extremely effective, yet gentle on the materials.
– Nicole M. –
I use durgol bathroom cleaner when I’m cleaning the bathroom. It removes limescale spots quickly and easily, and gives the surfaces a brilliant shine.
– Anita Rambaldi –
As a plumber, I rely on durgol to remove every bit of limescale that’s left over after the water softener has done its work. durgol makes my bathroom gleam like it’s brand new.
– Elena Stutz –
I love durgol swiss espresso. The coffee simply tastes better again after the descaling process, and thanks to durgol, my coffee machine will last for longer, too.
– Rebecca Krüsi –
durgol is the best descaler for the steamer, and it has the perfect measure!
– Keusch Nadja –
I only ever use durgol – it’s simply the best descaling product.
– Mächler Susanne –
I use: durgol universal (fast descaler), durgol kitchen cleaner, durgol bathroom cleaner, durgol universal bio (multi-purpose descaler) and durgol forte (WC) – and I’m more than satisfied!
– Andreas Götschi –
Very satisfied :) Especially when it comes to the kitchen cleaner for the induction stovetop. Cleans everything in a single wipe :)
– Mary –
Fast and thorough.
– Barbara Rychen –
durgol universal is my favorite! I use my water heater a lot and thanks to durgol express it’s always clean in a flash!
– Bernhard Zeller –
I know that durgol is good for me and my home, so I always use it
– Anita Höfferer –
If it weren’t for durgol, coffee would have stopped coming out of my machine long ago and that would have been bad
– Renate Ribler –
durgol is great, it’s the best descaler I know – and the kitchen cleaner is awesome as well
– Monika Osterwalder –
Share your experiences with durgol
Thank goodness :)
We want to hear about your experiences with durgol
What do you think about durgol or the individual products? Tell us. We will publish all useful opinions on our website.
We want to hear about your experiences with durgol
Send us your opinion on durgol products.
Are you a limescale expert?
Select the right answer. If you click the correct answer three times, you are a true limescale expert. And if not, we will help you become one.
“Hard” water (lime-rich water) exists only in the mountainsselect
“Hard” water is bad for youselect
“Hard” water can damage coffee machinesselect
Limescale increases the energy consumption of appliancesselect
Limescale increases the service life of kitchen appliancesselect
Limescale is bad for the environmentselect
Limescale does not promote the growth of microorganisms, such as bacteriaselect
Limescale and grease residue can be removed at the same time with a single durgol productselect
Household remedies, such as vinegar and citric acid, will always be the most efficient descalersselect
Frequently asked questions
How does lime get into our tap water?
- Hard water is formed when rainwater seeps through calciferous rock strata and is enriched with calcium carbonate. This hard water enters our households as tap water. When it is heated or allowed to evaporate, limescale forms.
- You can use the internet to find out how hard the water is in your region.
What can I expect from a good descaler?
- The acidic components in the descaler dissolve the limescale. You can see the intensity of the reaction in the amount of bubbles generated.
- The effectiveness of a descaler largely depends on its acidic component. If used at the right dosage, an ideal descaler achieves a fast and complete descaling effect while providing maximum protection to the materials.
Why do I need to descale my coffee machine?
- Limescale inside the machine increases the brewing time and impedes the heat transfer, thus lowering the quality of your coffee.
- Over time, limescale accumulates inside the machine and eventually blocks it entirely. It also has a corrosive effect on the components of your coffee machine. These effects can damage the machine.
- Limescale increases the energy consumption of your coffee machine, which places a greater burden on the environment.
We recommend that you descale your coffee machine regularly and before excessive amounts of limescale can accumulate – ideally, every three months.
=> To ensure the highest quality of coffee and a long service life for your machine.
Why should I descale household items and appliances (such as kettles, coffee machines, etc.)?
Lime is important for us humans...
- Lime in general is not bad. In fact, it is even healthy for us humans, because it contains calcium that promotes bone formation, for instance. This is why hard water is good for the human body.
Unfortunately, it has the opposite effect on our household goods...
- Hard water leaves an unpleasant limescale residue when it evaporates or heats up.
- Limescale can impede the heat transfer capacity of appliances, thus increasing their energy consumption.
- Limescale promotes the growth of microorganisms, such as bacteria.
- Limescale can impede the functioning of appliances, such as kettles and coffee machines, and shorten their service life.
How can durgol increase the service life of household appliances?
- Limescale can impede the functioning of household appliances, such as kettles and coffee machines, and shorten their service life. Limescale in coffee machines can clog ducts, which considerably decreases the service life of the appliance. The service life of kettles can also suffer due to overheating and damage to the electrical components. durgol dissolves limescale gently and efficiently.
Why not simply descale using vinegar or citric acid?
- To descale your appliances gently, household remedies such as citric acid or vinegar should be avoided. They are less efficient and normally do not remove limescale completely.
- Products containing citric acid can form an insoluble sediment that ultimately leads to problems with the descaled appliances.
- Products containing vinegar dissolve softening agents contained in plastics, particularly seals, making them brittle. They also leave an unpleasant taste.